Smoked Salmon Smorrebrod

The first time I had lox was in Annapolis, Maryland. You see, I was dating a mid shipman and accompanied his family to see him fence. After the tournament I went to brunch with my then very sulky boyfriend (he lost his match) and his family. It was then I was introduced to lox and fell in love with it. My trip to Annapolis was a learning experience;  I discovered I was much better off in more ways than one; without my mid shipman and that I loved lox!

                                                Smoked Salmon Smorrebrod
                                                              adapted from
                                                             Tasting Table


Ingredients 
For the Herbed Sour Cream:
1/3 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon finely chopped dill
1 teaspoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juicef
Salt, to taste

For the Smoked Salmon Smorrebrod:
Herbed sour cream
4 slices Danish rye bread
8 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
Radishes, thinly sliced
Coarse black pepper, to taste
Dill sprigs, for garnish
Parsley leaves, for garnish

Directions
Make the herbed sour cream: In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Season with salt and set aside.

Make the smoked salmon smorrebrod: Spread some herbed sour cream on each slice of bread. Evenly arrange the salmon slices on reach slice of bread and top with radishes,  lemon zest and black pepper. Garnish with dill sprigs and parsley leaves.  Serve.

follow Anne on twitter and Instagram @AnneFretz

Comments