Moonlight in Paradise - A Healthy Snack for Your Little One

Canned fruit was all the rage when I was growing up.  With this being said, I did not care for the syrupy sweet taste of the fruit and preferred vegetables to fruit anytime. Knowing this, my mother created fun and whimsical snacks with the fruit. They were so adorable; I remember looking forward to having them.

Recently I was asked to bring in a fruit snack to a preschool class.  Knowing there may be children who do not like fruit, I decided to tweak the snack and emulate my mother.  I chose kiwis, clementines, and bananas to create Moonlight In Paradise - a palm tree on an island underneath the full moon. The children were delighted and were eager to try the various fruits.

                                                                      Moonlight In Paradise 
                                                                             
                                                        
Ingredients
1 banana
1 kiwi
1 clementine

Directions
Slice the banana down the center lengthwise.  Cut each half into 3/4 slices. Arrange the slices on a plate to resemble a palm tree trunk. 

Peel the clementine and separate the segments. On the plate, arrange at the bottom of the banana to create an island.

Peel the skin off the kiwi and slice into small segments. Place above the banana "tree trunk" to look like palm fronds.

For the moon, place a round slice of banana above the palm tree.

follow Anne on twitter and Instagram @AnneFretz
                                                  

Comments