Getting In Shape with Chickpea - Kale Caesar Salad

After not working out for a few years, I decided it was time to start again. Although I am not heavy, I could stand to lose a few pounds and I definitely need to get toned. So I joined a gym and occasionally go to  barre classes. I have been disciplined with my workout and have been happy with the results. Well, that was until my friend's adorable and precocious four year old son asked me if I had a baby in my stomach. Needless to say, I hit the gym immediately after work and rethought my dinner plans. Rather than the creamy mac and cheese comfort food I had been dreaming of, I opted for Chickpea-Kale Salad. This salad with its dynamic flavors and textures was so scrumptious; I was delighted with my dinner decision. Thanks to the cutest little four year old, I have stepped up my workout routine and will be eating a lot of kale salad. Who knows, I may be in shape by the first day of summer!

                                                            Chickpea-Kale Caesar Salad



Ingredients
1 - 15 oz. can chickpeas
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons lemon juice 
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 large garlic clove, grated
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 1/4 pounds chopped curly kale
canola oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
In a skillet, heat 1/4 inch canola oil. Rinse and drain chickpeas. Pat dry and fry until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels; season to taste with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaiselemon juice,  Dijon mustard,  garlic clove and shredded Parmesan cheese. Toss with kale and the chickpeas. Serve.

follow Anne on twitter and Instagram @AnneFretz

Comments

  1. Getting in Shape with Chickpea-Kale Caesar Salad
    http://annefretz.blogspot.com
    The Recipe: To Be Or Not To Be
    This salad with its dynamic flavors and textures is so delectable, I know I will be making it again soon!
    #lunch #dinner #meal #salad #chickpeaandkalesalad #kale #curlykale #chickpeas #cannedchickepeas #oil #cookingoil #canolaoil #salt #pepper #mayonnaise #lemon #lemonjuice #garlic #mustard #dijon #dijonmustard #cheese #shreddedcheese #parmesan #parmesancheese #shreddedparmesancheese #easytomake #healthy #healthyfood #lowincalories #kidssaythedarndestthings #newbeginning #gettinginshape #newyear #newyearresolution #flavors #textures #yummy #discipline #losingweight #greens #instaeat #instafood #instagood #delicious #delectable #healthyeating #healthylifestyle #foodgram #foodstagram #foodphotos #foodphotography #foodpics #foodblog #foodblogfeed #foodrecipes #recipe #recipes #foodblogger #foodlover #foodie #foodista #therecipetobeornottobe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment