Salty Dog

Last weekend my niece Sahlah and I were browsing in the dinnerware section in Anthropologie when I noticed some adorable retro tumblers. One in particular caught my attention. The design was a swimmer doing the backstroke in a red polka dotted bathing suit with a matching bathing cap.  I told Sahlah that was me when I was younger, my stroke was the backstroke and I had to wear a dorky bathing cap due to ear infections. As a surprise, Sahlah got me the tumbler. I was truly touched by her thoughtfulness and kindness and told her I couldn't wait to use it for my next blog.

                                                                             Salty Dog
                                                                           adapted from
                                                       Fantastic Cocktails & Mixed Drinks 


Ingredients
Salt
Ice
45 ml. (1/2 measures) vodka
grapefruit juice

Directions
Frost the rim of a tumbler with salt. Fill glass with ice, add vodka and grapefruit juice, stir gently.

The Salty Dog is a delicious and refreshing summer cocktail which tastes even better when served in a special tumbler!

follow Anne on twitter and Instagram @AnneFretz

Comments