Virgin Mary

On special occasions my family and I would go out to dinner. I remember feeling so grown-up the first time my parents ordered me a Shirley Temple cocktail, so pretty in its beautiful coupe champagne glass garnished with the cherished maraschino cherry. A few years later I decided on a Virgin Mary,  a bit spicier and of course more grown-up. This sophisticated cocktail so delicious with its bold flavors will delight little girls and they will feel just as grown-up as I did when I had my first Virgin Mary.

                                                             Virgin Mary  
                                                            Adapted from
                                                     The Mocktail Manual
                                                               Fern Green


Ingredients
Ice cubes
150 ml passata
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 drops Tabasco sauce
Pinch each of freshly ground black pepper,
   mustard powder, cayenne pepper and
   celery salt
1 teaspoon grated horseradish
1/2 celery stick and slice of lemon to
   garnish

Crush enough ice cubes to fill the glass - don't over-blend or it will melt to quickly. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the celery stalk and slice of lemon, then pour back into the glass. Garnish with the celery and slice of lemon.

follow Anne on twitter and Instagram @AnneFretz

Comments