Hurricane

One Mardi Gras I met Nick in the city and we went to Pierrot, a restaurant where our daughter Kristin was a bartender. It was that night I had my first Hurricane, a truly memorable and delicious drink. Since then I tried many recipes to duplicate the Hurricane which Kristin made for me. Although this particular recipe is close , it can not compare to the one Kristin made for me that night.

                                                                       Hurricane
                                                                     adapted from
                                                                Ultimate Bar Book
                                                                   Mittie Hellmich


Ingredients
1 1/2 ounces dark rum
1/2 ounce light rum
1/2 ounce passion fruit juice
1 1/2 ounce fresh orange juice
1 ounce lime juice
Dash of Angostura bitters
lime wedge

Shake the liquid ingredients vigorously with ice. Strain into an ice-filled wine glass. Garnish with the lime wedge.

follow Anne on Instagram, Pinterest, Threads, and X @AnneFretz                                                    

Comments