Le Hot Dog

I spent my junior year in Paris, France and to put it mildly, in the beginning I was very homesick. A few days after I arrived, I ventured out to explore Paris, the city of beauty and gourmet food. I happened upon a quaint mustard colored bistro and decided to stop and treat myself to something which would remind me of home, a hot dog. I ordered Le Hot Dog. It arrived in a baguette topped with sauerkraut and covered in a gooey melted cheese. Le Hot Dog was formidable, and although it was so different than any hot dog I had ever eaten, it reminded me of the flavors of home. Le  Hot Dog became my comfort food while in Paris because it eased the pain of being homesick.

                                                              Le Hot Dog



Ingredients
Hot dogs
Baguette
Dijon mustard
Sauerkraut
Gruyère cheese

Directions
Turn the oven on to broil. Heat the hot dogs in a skillet until the skin becomes crisp. Slice the baguette in half lengthwise. Place the hot dog in the baguette and spread the mustard on top of the hot dog and top with sauerkraut followed by the Gruyère cheese. Place it in the broiler until the cheese is bubbly.

Bon appétit!

follow Anne on twitter and Instagram @AnneFretz

Comments